Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: tv scheduling stinks

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe I'm just too used to the Netherlands. I thought our tolerance was a myth, since I know so many intolerant people. But it's much better than here.

    Come to think of it, I'm actually a bit intolerant myself. (I can't stand morons.)

    Ah well, I hate gay bars anyway...

  2. #32
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Of course you do!!! I mean "GAY BAR" think about ( sounds like all you're out to do is gets some)...loses all its spunk huh??? Now an Art festival downtown, with wine and great music and possibly BBQ...does that sound like fun??? [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ..I'm not sure "gay" is the word for homosexual orientation...lesbian works...but "gay",,I still remember songs from my youth where gay was happy, cheerful etc...maybe "guy-thing"..or "macho-mate"..but gay...I think of butterflies and flowers..flitting through the forest. And why titles at all??..how about "people"..yeah!! people who love people.....I don't like labels at all..."senior"...I hate that...but then it is better than old hag. LOL [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I kinda like "senior" actually. It has something of a superior ring to it. I'm your senior, dammit. Salute me! Much better than "elderly" which sounds frail and feeble.

    Ugh. I hate Art. And wine too. I'm more of an action-movies and beer person.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ok name your favorite action movie...the best ever one...

  6. #36
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AND BEER!!!
    Better be good dude!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Favorite action movie? Well, that's hard. But the first Mission: Impossible was good. I don't care what anyone says, that movie was great. It still pisses me off when people say it was too confusing. Helloooo? Anyone ever *see* a Mission: Impossible episode? It's supposed to be elaborate and spy-ish. Not like that crappy sequel! Agh, that movie sucked ass! Die in hell, John Woo!

    *Sigh*

    (Hope the new installment by JJ "Lost" Abrams is better...)

    Oh, and beerwise it's no contest: Grolsch is the best. Canadian and American beers are all crappy watery pisslike substances with a weird mouldy aftertaste. That's not beer. That's what cats pee! I'm sorry. I'm sure some people actually like the taste of Budweiser. But those people wouldn't know a decent beer if they drowned in it. It's like people who like Jack Daniels over a proper whiskey. They're all like school in July. No class! If people don't get alcohol, they should get the hell back into their sandboxes and stop complaining when their "beer" (and I use the term lightly) isn't cold enough. Don't you just wanna shoot those people? I know I do.

    *GASP*

    I got so worked up about M:I that I'm now in a complainer's mood. Agh. It's way past my bedtime anyways...

  8. #38
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah..yeah..."every ole crow thinks their baby's white as snow"....It's all about conditioning...what you are accustomed to. Thats what makes international travel fun..you get to experience all the tastes around the world. If everything was the same..well...how much fun is that?? *sipping my Mick Ultra*

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    True. I keep complaining about Canadian food. Although I did discover great stuff I'll be missing in three weeks too.

    But when it comes to beer, it's not so much a question of what you're accostumed to. We have most of the same beers in Europe. But import beer is usually considered crappy there, while here import is often seen as classy. That's a measure of how people experience beer, I think.

    I believe it's a matter of taste actually. One thing I learned in Chicago and Ottawa is that (North) Americans have a totally different approach to alcohol than Europeans. Here it's moer about the alcohol and easy drink, while in Europe people pay more attention to taste. I think that's why people here are so surprised Europeans can drink in more places (theater, Ikea, for examople) than you can. Europeans don't associate alcohol with simply being drunk, as people here seem to do. It's really a cultural difference.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *dragging my "mick ultra" drunk butt off the floor..zatso?? [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •